I have often wished for a "cresc" or "dim" line option in custom lines, but
alas it doesn't exist. That said, what you want to do is *much* more
reliable starting in Fin14 due to the beat attachment of hairpins. I would
enter the circles as text expressions. The beauty of beat-attached hairpins
is that if the text expression and the hairpin are attached to the same
beat, the horizontal offset between them remains fixed no matter how the
music spacing changes.

You can get fine control over horizontal (and vertical) placement using the
Expression Alignment dialog box for the expression and my Smart Shape
Editor plugin for the hairpins. Once you have created a circle-hairpin
combo, you can replicate it easily with my Mass Copy plugin.