Dear Chuck and Robert,

Thank you! All I needed to do was to ask the printer preferences to find and
add the HP5000 printer again (IP address from the printer’s info page). I
should have figured this out on my own. For some reason, this was vastly easier
than the initial time I was forced to print over IP (at the point when
appletalk disappeared from macs). And that first IP connection has survived
through at least 3 machine and many system upgrades.

What a great machine! Still going after all these years. 1200 dpi, or 600 dpi
at super speed, long-lasting printer cartridges (shockingly, still available as
OEM). Granted, I don’t use it very heavily, but still, it is, by far, the
oldest technology in my house. 25 years old sounds about right.

David