> On Oct 8, 2015, at 16:24, Smith, Phillip R. <smith...@nyumc.org> wrote:
>
> I have a similar issue now.  I upgraded to 10.11 a couple of days ago and
> everything looked good until I tried a “fink update-all”
>
> smithp01-MB-25> fink update-all
> Information about 8783 packages read in 1 seconds.
> Can't resolve dependency "system-openssl-dev" for package
> "phonon-mac-4.5.0-37" (no matching packages/versions found)
> Exiting with failure.
>
> Since that day I see on my 10.10 system that there have been a good number of
> updates that (I’m guessing) would address this problem.  However, I can’t run
> an “update-all” without getting the same error.
>
> Is there a way to spot-install the relevant packages?  Which should I try
> first?
>
> (btw.  I tried to remove phonon-mac didn’t help at all since I was still left
> with the -shlibs file)
>
> Thanks for any pointers…
>
> -Ross

My standard recommendation under such circumstances is *not* to use update-all,
but instead to use something like:

for PKG in `fink list -ot` | cut -f2` ; do fink update $PKG ; done

That will skip packages which currently have an openssl-dev dependency hole.
If you don’t run it from a root prompt, e.g by using ‘sudo -s’ first, then you
will need to enter your password periodically.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison