So snitch is currently a Dell PowerEdge 2850

2 core (Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz)
16 Gigs of Ram
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           15Gi       6.0Gi       1.3Gi       176Mi       8.4Gi       9.2Gi

900G SAS Raid 10
/dev/sda1       882G  387G  450G  47% /

That being said it’s normally maxed out all the time

It could use more cores for sure, Ram seems okay most of the time, if I had a
wish list though I’d do 4 or 8 cores and 32 Gigs Ram

Storage for a VPS is the issue though it’s not easy to find high storage.

For example from Linode

For Mem required
Linode 16GB     16 GB   6 Cores 320 GB SSD      8 TB    40 Gbps 6000 Mbps
$80 / mo ($.12 / hr)

For HDD required
Linode 32GB     32 GB   8 Cores 640 GB SSD      16 TB   40 Gbps 7000 Mbps
$160 / mo ($.24 / hr)

But $160/mo isn’t cheap at all and I doubt we have that available.

yourserver.se is more $$

OVH VPS Cloud RAM 3 is 4 cores, 24GB Ram 46.99/mo and you can add HDD on
demand, 500GB for 42/mo

The PDB is the CPU hog, and the bindist and distfiles are the HDD hogs.

We could separate things, that might keep the website and wiki faster, move the
PDB do a different VPS which more CPUs and RAM, and then add storage to the
first VPS for bindist and distfiles.

If I had my time back that is how I would have set it up here, 2 systems
keeping things faster and easier to manage.

Could do a

Nanode 1GB      1 GB    1 Core  25 GB SSD       1 TB    40 Gbps 1000 Mbps
$5 / mo ($.0075 / hr)
or
Linode 2GB      2 GB    1 Core  50 GB SSD       2 TB    40 Gbps 2000 Mbps
$10 / mo ($.015 / hr)

For the web and wiki and add some block storage to it for bindist and distfiles
Block Storage Pricing
$0.10/GiB per month
https://www.linode.com/blockstorage

Then

Linode 8GB      8 GB    4 Cores 160 GB SSD      5 TB    40 Gbps 5000 Mbps
$40 / mo ($.06 / hr)

For PDB
---
TS
http://www.southofheaven.org/
Life begins and ends with chaos, live between the chaos!