So using internic.net <http://internic.net/>, I ran whois on finkmirrors.net

https://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=finkmirrors.net&type=domain
<https://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=finkmirrors.net&type=domain>

and got back the following information:

   Domain Name: FINKMIRRORS.NET
   Registry Domain ID: 105027416_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.domain.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.domain.com
   Updated Date: 2019-03-14T11:41:23Z
   Creation Date: 2003-10-14T17:43:16Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2020-10-14T17:43:16Z
   Registrar: Domain.com, LLC
   Registrar IANA ID: 886
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email: complia...@domain-inc.net
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 602-226-2389
   Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
   Name Server: NS.IG42.ORG
   Name Server: NS3.IG42.ORG
   DNSSEC: unsigned
   URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-03-25T16:25:08Z <<<
Using whois.domain.com <http://whois.domain.com/> the top level domain TLD
registrar for finkmirrors.net shows:

Domain Name: FINKMIRRORS.NET
Registry Domain ID: 105027416_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.domain.com
Registrar URL: www.domain.com
Updated Date: 2018-10-15T04:15:06
Creation Date: 2003-10-14T17:43:16
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-10-14T17:43:16
Registrar: Domain.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 886
Reseller: Dotster.com
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
https://icann.org/eppclientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
https://icann.org/eppclientUpdateProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Domain Privacy Service FBO Registrant.
Registrant Organization: Domain Privacy Service FBO Registrant.
Registrant Street: 10 Corporate Drive
Registrant City: Burlington
Registrant State/Province: MA
Registrant Postal Code: 01803
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: 1.6027165339
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: finkmirrors....@domainprivacygroup.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Domain Privacy Service FBO Registrant.
Admin Organization: Domain Privacy Service FBO Registrant.
Admin Street: 10 Corporate Drive
Admin City: Burlington
Admin State/Province: MA
Admin Postal Code: 01803
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: 1.6027165339
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: finkmirrors....@domainprivacygroup.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Domain Privacy Service FBO Registrant.
Tech Organization: Domain Privacy Service FBO Registrant.
Tech Street: 10 Corporate Drive
Tech City: Burlington
Tech State/Province: MA
Tech Postal Code: 01803
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: 1.6027165339
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: finkmirrors....@domainprivacygroup.com
Name Server: ns.ig42.org
Name Server: ns3.ig42.org
DNSSEC: unsigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: complia...@domain-inc.net
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 1.6027165396
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-10-15T04:15:06

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

Registration Service Provider:
Dotster.com, supp...@dotster-inc.com
1.8004015250
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

So it would seem we just need someone with the login to dotster.com who can
update the record for finkmirrors.net to name servers which have a CNAME entry
to point the finkmirrors.net server. But was that finkmirrors.net server hosted
by ig42.org <http://ig42.org/>? I’m a recent subscriber to fink-core, but I
understood that this servers being shutdown because someone was changing jobs?
If that finkmirrors.net <http://finkmirrors.net/> server is still running, then
the DNS declaration on dotster.com <http://dotster.com/> could be modified to
add a CNAME entry for  finkmirrors.net <http://finkmirrors.net/> and it’s IP
address, and then set the primary and secondary name server on dotster.com to
ns1.dotster.com <http://ns1.dotster.com/>, and ns2.dotster.com
<http://ns2.dotster.com/> so that the name query will be directed to
dotster.com’s name servers, which will be able to answer the query. I apologise
if I’m just repeating what is already known, or if I’m missing something? As
far as I can see, it’s only the IP of the finkmirrors.net server which is
needed to be known to fix the problem?

Leigh
--
Leigh M. Smith