Hi,

I have written an alternative dlcompat library. It allows to load
.dylibs (in addition to bundles) with dlopen(). dlclose() on a dylib is
a noop and dlopen()ing a dylib with RTLD_LOCAL fails. Is there any
interest in such a thing?

Also, when trying  to port some software written in gforth that was
running on NetBSD, I found that I can't use the SDL library. When gforth
tried to dlopen() the SDL dylib, my dlcompat noticed that there's no
NSApp symbol in the application (quite correct). So, I have been
considering the possibility of adding a sdl-xwindow package that doesn't
depend on an external application wrapper. Do you have better ideas?

   Jorge

PS: Although I love the BSD world, I have to recognize that the Fink
packages quality is superior to the ones in gnu-darwin. Good work guys.