At 13:25 Uhr -0600 13.03.2002, Chris Devers wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Max Horn wrote:
>
>>  At 3:58 Uhr +0900 14.03.2002, Masanori Sekino wrote:
>>  >On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:13:44 +0100
>>  >Max Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >>  Do you want to say, you do this to be prepared for glib 20.0 ?
>>  >
>>  >Yes.
>>
>>  He, if we ever get to that version, I will eat my hat (or rather I
>>  will buy one which I can then consume :-). It's rare for projects to
>>  even attain the ten (yes, there's autocad, and OS X, but those exist
>>  for almost 20 years)
>
>"Increment early, increment often." That's my motto.
>
>In a world where Emacs can be on version 21

How old is emacs? How big is the percentage of all open source
projects with such a high version number? Heck, how big is the
percentage with a version number above 1.0? =)

>and Windows can be on 2000,

That doesn't count, 1) it's a year, 2) it's marketing speak, 3) it's
not open source.

>I don't see any problem with this :)

Yes, it's possible. But when I add the probability of Fink still
being around, plus the probabilty gtk/glib/etc. reaching version
20.0, plus the probability of Fink having to support any apps
requiring backward compatibilty to glib 2.0 package at that time, I
get a number that's so small that I get an underflow when using
double precision =)

Anyway, even if it *did* reach version 20, how would glib20 collide
with glib2 ???

Max