I have another small proposal to make related to the long-term shared libraries
project:  I suggest that we add a new boolean field BuildDependsOnly.  If
it is "true", the package it is in would not be "allowed" to be Depended on
by any other package, only BuildDepends would be allowed.  Fink won't
actually enforce this, it will only issue a warning, but it would be a
good method (I think) to remind developers that they are not supposed to
be having another package Depend on this one.

So, when packaging software with shared libraries, your package "foo"
which contains headers and the libfoo.dylib symlink would say
"BuildDependsOnly: true", while the package "foo-shlibs" would have no
restriction like that.

Any reactions to this, for or against?

  -- Dave