David R. Morrison [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I have another small proposal to make related to the long-term shared libraries
> project:  I suggest that we add a new boolean field BuildDependsOnly.  If
> it is "true", the package it is in would not be "allowed" to be Depended on
> by any other package, only BuildDepends would be allowed.  Fink won't
> actually enforce this, it will only issue a warning, but it would be a
> good method (I think) to remind developers that they are not supposed to
> be having another package Depend on this one.
>
> So, when packaging software with shared libraries, your package "foo"
> which contains headers and the libfoo.dylib symlink would say
> "BuildDependsOnly: true", while the package "foo-shlibs" would have no
> restriction like that.
>
> Any reactions to this, for or against?

Makes sense to me.

Another thing that occurred to me while packaging is, is there a way to
do multilines inside a splitoff?  While making the kdelibs package, I have
a huuuuuge line of files in the "Files:" section of the bin and shlibs
sub-packages.  Can those be continued with \ at the end, or maybe a sub
heredoc?

Splitoff: <<
 Files: <<<<
  lib/blah.so
 <<<<
<<

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/