Martin and Max wrote:

> >BTW, what sense does it make to split apt into several pieces? No other
> >package depends on it.
>
> I don't see a reason for that, either... nor do I see one for
> splitting libtool, but that's another story :-)

Well, it's all in preparation for the automated handling of shared
libraries.  Since these packages created shared libraries, there is always
the possiblity of some other program linking to those libraries and then we
will need the shlibs system to handle it.

But I agree that in those cases it didn't make too much sense.  Is there a
crierion we could formulate for *which* packages should be exempt from the
shard libraries system?

  -- Dave