Alexander Hansen wrote:
[]
> This issue points out why it's a pain to try to have anything integrate
> with non-Fink 3rd-party stuff--they like to change things around, and we
> have to figure out how to adjust our packages accordingly.  In this case
> it looks like you're also going to need to do something like
>
> sudo install_name_tool
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/lib/libR.dylib \
> /sw/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
> /Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/./R

This whole arrangement doesn't look healthy to me. If one needs to ask
people to download a part of the precompiled R distribution, then why
have a Fink package in the first place?

On the other hand, the sources for the R.app do exist somewhere, and it
should be possible (and a rather trivial task compared with the
compilation of the whole thing) for the Fink package to build the app
bundle with the right library names, too.

--
Martin