On 4-4-2013 20:57, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
> 04.04.2013 19:41, Björn Reimer wrote:
>>
>> Can't you  realize this with removing select permission for a
>> column?  Of  course it's not yet possible as only update and reference
>> are allowed currently.
>
> IIRC, the SQL spec declares select permissions for columns. And they're
> surely intended to throw errors, not to hide something.

But in the case of missing SELECT permissions, I would assume that *
would not include those columns that the user has no permission for
(can't back that up with a reference to the SQL standard, as I can't
find it, or it ignores this).

On the other hand: using select * for anything other than ad-hoc queries
is bad. Should we support that?

Mark Rotteveel