So, I guess this has been added since beta 1. I can see it in the latest Windows snapshot, but not in the latest Linux snapshot.

So the README should make clear that the tzdata directory only applies to the Windows builds?

Back to my original concern. While the README file gives an outline of what is necessary, this is not for the end user. Someone has got to produce an installer package to update the tzdata directory every time the time zone database is updated. Correct?

Note that you cannot ask every end user to update Firebird client installation by copying a file into a potentially protected folder on a locked down laptop. There has to be some sort of official installer.

You are getting a too old beta/snapshot. See the most recent snapshot.

tzdata directory should be in the binary kits.

Adriano