On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 13:16:11 +0100
Tony Whyman <tony.why...@mccallumwhyman.com> wrote:

> I don't claim any expertise on linux time zone files. However, there is a
> ubuntu package "tzdata" which claims to include all the timezone files. I
> am currently using Linux Mint 19.3 (ubuntu 18.04) and the most recent
> changelog entry for my version of the tzdata package is:
>
> tzdata (2019c-0ubuntu0.18.04) bionic; urgency=medium

FWIW, in SuSE the rpm is called 'timezone' and that too is up-to-date, at
least in my version of 15.1. That is to say it has the 2019c updates. 2020a
release only appeared this week, so it will probably arrive in a few days.

IMO, we can probably assume linux distros that are being maintained will
have the correct timezone files. And of course no-one would deploy to a linux
server that wasn't running an actively maintained distribution.

Can anyone confirm the situation with Windows? I find it hard to believe that
Microsoft aren't on the ball with this.

Paul
--

Paul Reeves