Hello Mark,

Monday, October 16, 2017, 3:41:43 AM, you wrote:

> I have made a few more test runs, the end result is in
> https://github.com/mrotteveel/test-firebird-documentation-3

> I think this would be the final run.

> Difference against yesterday:

> - Removed the d_jencks branch
> - Added a .gitignore to ignore build files
> - Added a .gitattributes with sane defaults for the project

> As to the problem with line-endings, yesterday I looked cross-eyed, and
> the problem with the four files were actual in reverse, they had LF in
> CVS and CRLF in git. I have managed to normalize these files so future
> updates to these files should not cause a large-scale whitespace update.

I downloaded the zip from your repository and looked at a few of the
.docbook files from the v.3.0.2 release notes with the editor I use
for creating and updating them.  They look OK to me.
The ReadMe file in the base directory has messed-up line-endings,
though.  I guess we'll need to test what happens when one of the
(currently good) source files gets updated.  We definitely cannot do
with extraneous white space in those files.

Using the Github Desktop, I couldn't access the local copy of the
unpacked zipfile but I cloned a new repository off it, which created
the three git config files.  It didn't copy anything else, so I
file-copied all of the unpacked filesystem (except the git
configuration files) into it.  That sort of worked and it was able to
link back to your github repository and log me in from the local
config.
I'm sure that's not how it's done but at least I am comfortable with
the migrated file formats and filesystem structure, so far.  It looks
possible that I will be able to sync the working source files with the
git ones, much as I was doing with CVS and SVN.

Helen

--
Kind regards,
 Helen Borrie