This comment is restricted to the proposed use of mathematical structures in
context of the social.

The mathematical structure of a tree is restricted by the notion of a cycle.
A tree is readily converted into a cycle by simply adding a new edge between
leaves or joints.
The simple logic of a tree is lost by including cyclic relations.

It appears to me that the rhetorical arguments may include inferences requiring
cycle relations.

What would be the nature of the inferences if the hypotheses allowed for cyclic
social processes, such as learning on the basis of annual agricultural or
hunting cycles?

Cheers

Jerry