Dear Steven, Pedro and List:

Two excellent posts!

Steven:  I look forward to your ratiocinations and there connectivity with
symbolic logic.

It is my view that one of the foundational stumbling blocks to communication
about syntactical information theory (and its exactness!) is the multi-meanings
that emerge from the multiple symbol systems used by the natural sciences.

Stan's post is a superb example of how anyone change the semantic meaning of
words and talk about personal philosophy in context that ignores the
syntactical meaning of the same word such that the exact sciences are
generated.  Of course, this personal philosophy remains a private conversation.

 Steven and Pedro (and I), by way of contrast, are seeking a discussion of
public information and the exactness of public information theory.

Cheers

Jerry

Words to live by:

"The union of units unifies the unity of the universe"