Dear Krassimir, Dear FIS,

I suspect one might find a way to answer this question about what
constitutes an agent in this paper by J.H. van Hateren:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1407.8314

Entitled: "What does Maxwell's demon want from life? When information
becomes functional and physical"

(which also provides an important distinction about 'information')

However, I would propose that 'an agent' /as such/ cannot exist, in the
sense that it cannot exist as a fundamental, but that a system imbued with
quality of agency however, *can* exist.

Yet, this, as does the paper, would seem to pose the question of what
endows a system with the quality of 'agency'. Perhaps one ought to use
Heinz von Förster's approximation of "Recursively Operating Non-Trivial
Machine", but replace "machine" with "system", and assume that this
consequently leads to that...

Kind regards,

Arthur