Heya Patrick,

Nice to see the jolt of energy. :)  I keep wanting to help with this project
as well (fish is cool), but time seems to fight me.

As well as the work on github, there's also the codebase over at gitorious (
https://gitorious.org/fish-shell).  It has seen a bit of bugfix and feature
action from several people, so it'd be a shame to lose that work.

An "official" shift to github may be beneficial, if it hasn't already
happened, since in my mind gitorious' lack of an issue tracker is a
problem.  There's the bug tracker on the sourceforge account, that also
hosts this mailing list.  But we don't have the keys to that.  People can --
and did -- lodge new bugs, but no-one (I think) is able to
update/assign/close those bugs.  It would probably help focus feature
requests as well...

For the mailing list, we do have the keys to that at least.  Over the
history of expiring domains, spontaneously imploding websites, and vanishing
people, the mailing list has been the constant. Kudos to sourceforge and
mailman for keeping that ticking over...  Doesn't add to this discussion,
but I thought I'd put that out there on the archive. :)

tl;dr:

* several folk on this list have the keys to gitorious.org/fish-shell, and
this mailing list, so access can be arranged for those.
* need a bug/issue tracker that we can actually use.

- Chris.