Hi,

It depends on what you are building.  A "web site" is a pretty broad
category.

For the Flash interactive we use on the home page of Macromedia.com, or
for site like http://www.leoburnett.ca/ or for the streaming video on
the home page of Oprah.com, I would expect a creative team to build it
and use Flash.

For something like the dashboard front ends to SAP analytics, I would
expect their dev team(s) to use Flex.

For something like the accessory customizer on Harley site
(http://www.harley-davidson.com/pr/gm/customizer/launchCustomizer.asp) I
might expect to have a team of people that includes developers using
Flex and a designer using Flash and working closely together.

To over simplify, that fact that you call it a "web-site" makes me think
Flash.  If you had said "web application" I might have been more biased
to Flex.  But the lines are blurry and for the richest experiences (rich
in terms of both graphics/motion/media and in terms of data) I think
teams will use Flash Professional and Flex together.

-David