OK Martin, you win, that works, thanks. :) But it IS a pain in the ass
to have to use three lines of code to get a single string from an XML
file, don't you think?  It could be compacted into one or two lines, but
it would be even messier.

>>var nodes:Array = XPath.selectNodes(my_xml, "/pathto[1]/xml/text()");
>>var textnode:XMLNode = XMLNode(nodes[0]);
>>var text:String = textnode.nodeValue;

Thanks for the help.  I hope AS 3 will address some of these issues.
But I think its going to be the same thing  most likely.

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.