Why in the first place you want to use negative depth?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dimitrios Bendilas
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:04 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [FlashCoders] textfield swapDepths

Hey,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Tom, in order to remove the textfield, as you say, you will have
to swapDepths() first, which unfortunately doesn't work on TextFields.
That's why I started this thread in the first place.

I just found this suggestion in a forum:
TextField.prototype.swapDepths = MovieClip.prototype.swapDepths;

A little hack that lets you swap textfields. Didn't try it yet but I
guess
it works.

Do you all think it's something I wouldn't mind putting in? Or is it too

dirty?
I think it's ok.

Dimitrios