Stephen Ford wrote:
What happens if a user doesn't have javascript enabled in their browser for the
recommended Macromedia solution (see link:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/activecontent/articles/devletter.html) to this
whole Active X debacle ?

This is answered at the Adobe Active Content Center:
"What about users who have JavaScript turned off?"
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/activecontent/articles/devletter.html#nojavascript

(NOSCRIPT was originally for browsers which did not have any JavaScript interpreter, rather than for a browser whose owner disabled JavaScript, but what I've been seeing anecdotally the last few versions is that most browsers have switched over to reading NOSCRIPT when JS is turned off. It would be great if there were openwiki documentation of browser differences, however.)

Related question: Do you see reasons why so much of this conversation about ActiveX changes in the Microsoft browser has avoided the source material on the Adobe site? Reporters are frequently getting the facts wrong ("ads won't play" etc), and on the lists there's sort of a goldrush to be handrolling other solutions. Any ideas I should consider here? Thanks.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd