|---------+----------------------------------------->
|         |           John Dowdell                  |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          |
|         |           Sent by:                      |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           figleaf.com                   |
|         |                                         |
|         |                                         |
|         |           2006-04-10 02:32 PM           |
|         |           Please respond to Flashcoders |
|         |           mailing list                  |
|         |                                         |
|---------+----------------------------------------->

<flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>                                  |
  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Flashcoders] Active X and Microsoft IE ...
                                  |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> Related question: Do you see reasons why so much of this conversation
> about ActiveX changes in the Microsoft browser has avoided the source
> material on the Adobe site? Reporters are frequently getting the facts
> wrong ("ads won't play" etc), and on the lists there's sort of a
> goldrush to be handrolling other solutions. Any ideas I should consider
> here? Thanks.

Good question. My perception is that this time around Adobe was slower to
get *solutions* available. For whatever reasons it was only late last week
that I was able to point folks to some workaround samples from Adobe. With
the browser update already circulating as an optional download and rumours
of it being included in this week's security patch from MS maybe folks
started without Adobe's guidance?

But that's just this lurkers perspective ;-)

A.