Last year I worked with a client's employee, who had both
javascript and cookies turned off.
At first, I couldn't understand why he's doing so. My thoughts were
exactly as Steven's .
But some day he's dropped few words and I've got it:  he's porn
surfer! And he was using office computer for it :-).

So, here's the example motivation to turn JS off.

As to the point, I guess we still can use NOSCRIPT tag, can't we?
Yes, it will require activation in IE7, but seems it's the only way.

--
Best regards,
 GregoryN