-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Grden
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 8:52 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Active X and Microsoft IE ...

I wouldn't disagree with you at all on that Paul.  I might disagree
about the numbers in "minority" especially given the porn variable, but
I don't think it raises the number into the majority by any means.

But that doesn't diminish what you've said here, FlashObject has been
very easy to integrate and use.

On 4/10/06, Paul Neave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wholeheartedly recommend using Flash Object for embedding Flash into

> HTML. Yes, it means those with JavaScript disabled will get the
> 'alternative version', but in all honesty, in these days of AJAX and
> standards-compliance, people who disable JavaScript are in the tiny
> minority.
>
> The benefits (customisability, compatibility, upgradability etc.) of
> using Flash Object greatly outweigh the disadvantages. I'd love to see

> Adobe recommend the use of Flash Object over the current standard of
> an ugly combined <object> and <embed> tags.
>
> On another note, it's actually considered good practice to have
> JavaScript create any 'active content', that way the code falls down
> gracefully and those with non-capable browsers get an alternative
> view.
>
> Just my opinion!
> Paul.
>

> On 10/04/06, GregoryN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Last year I worked with a client's employee, who had both javascript

> > and cookies turned off.
> > At first, I couldn't understand why he's doing so. My thoughts were
> > exactly as Steven's .
> > But some day he's dropped few words and I've got it:  he's porn
> > surfer! And he was using office computer for it :-).
> >
> > So, here's the example motivation to turn JS off.
> >
> > As to the point, I guess we still can use NOSCRIPT tag, can't we?
> > Yes, it will require activation in IE7, but seems it's the only way.
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> >  GregoryN
> > ================================
> > http://GOusable.com
> > Flash components development.
> > Usability services.
> >
> > On 4/9/06, Steven Sacks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > You also have to consider what users are turning off Javascript.
> > >
> > > First, Javascript is turned on by default.  Second, you have to be
> somewhat
> > > savvy to know what Javascript is, much less turn it off, and also
> > > know
> what
> > > purpose turning it off serves.  Third, you need to have a reason
> turn it
> > > off.  These things combined means that people who turn off
> > > Javascript
> are
> > > more than likely well aware of the consequences of this action,
> > > it's
> not
> > > just Flash that's effected.  It's pretty much any plug-in and any
> DHTML
> > > site.  Almost every site on the web uses Javascript now in some
> > > form
> or
> > > another.  I wonder just how many people turn off Javascript and
> > > are
> they
> > > really worth going after?  They obviously want a very limited and
> controlled
> [...]

John Grden - Blitz