>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/13/2006 4:40:17 PM >>>
> why not use UFO or similar  [...]

"Since JS is restricted."

> [...] and provide an additional <noscript /> with the somewhat
> deprecated object and embed ?

Originally: " I have to embed flash applets into web pages directly, without
Javascript
Eolas "workaround". The users therefore have to "click to activate" the
flash movie in IE. "

Using <noscript> doesn't fix the EOLAS "click to activate" *feature* and the
focus bugs that it likely creates.

Getting back to the original questio, I can't replicate the BACKSPACE issue,
but I definitely see it with TAB. One possible workaround could be to set a
textfield off stage. Tab will still go through the movie before going back to
the browser, so maybe setting a onSetFocus handler to look for that and then
manually refocusing on that one text field? Might keep IE at bay, but I haven't
tested it.