"a company with a large reputation"

Yeah, I'd even say a *huge* reputation.... but what reputation? Do we
start talking about wmode? Shared fonts? Problems with
Stage.with/Stage.height? MovieclipLoader? Components?

Don't get me wrong. I work everyday with Flash and I like it, and I'm
not saying MTASC or haXe are bug free, but I've seen those two guys
fixing bugs in *hours*. That's something a huge company like Adobe is
not going to do ever. What a about a public list of bugs? Maybe
someone inside Adobe wants to do it, let's see what marketing says
about such a thing.

What I want to say is that having a huge company behind one technlogy
do NOT help that much. Not always. And with OpenSource projects at
least I have the possibility to get the sources and hire someone to
fix/add/improve whatever I need.

Having said that, the huge difference between Apollo and SWHX will be
HTML support, IMHO.

Cheers,

On 9/1/06, Cliff Rowley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/1/06, Edwin van Rijkom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I think it will, but as I said, I think it will happen in it's own
> > right -
> > as the SW/HX combination - not as an extension to the existing
> Flash/Flex
> > platform.
> I agree that's the most likely scenario.

I'm glad my point is finally being recognised :)

I expect Adobe will be doing a very good on Apollo, though, so the
> demand for such a Screenweaver version could be really low or otherwise
> perhaps very short-lived.

I think there's room for everyone, which is why I think the SWHX combination
is good, and will carry both technologies forward.  In fact, the more I
think about it the more I think that both technologies may have faded into
the hobby oblivion without a partnership.  I do forsee a time where "HaXe
developer" (or SWHX developer) will be an industry term, however major or
minor that becomes.

Good luck!

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://www.zarate.tv