I didnt say there werent any... but you are not exactly...er... mainstream.

As for your knowing *lots* of people, I suspect, having been around as
long as you have, you know *all* of them :) I'm only half kidding
here. before AS2 there were not exactly a bunch of people that fit
this spec and in such a small community of people they will likely
know each other. If you are looking for one of the what I suspect is
few hundred people who  have your qualifications and then you want to
move them to detroit you better be paying at *TON* of money. When you
have such narrow requirements, recruiting is a *nightmare*. (This is
not just conjecture).

The funny thing is I would rather have a guy with 10 years of C++ with
some Java and SQL thrown in, and two years of AS2, rather than 4 years
of AS. But thats just me.

Regards
Hank

On 9/15/06, Claus Wahlers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, first of all, most people who have been doing flash for 4+ years
> are artists or designers. Almost no serious programming was even
> possible in flash before AS2 so by defining 4 years you are
> essentially insisting that someone *not* be someone who "has a
> background in other languages and systems". I'm not saying they don't
> exist at all, but it is such a silly requirement because it
> inappropriately limits the pool. Of course insisting that someone be
> an expert in AS1 is even more silly. Is this because their job will be
> fixing someone else's 5 year old spaghetti code? Then the kicker is
> that this person must be in the Detroit area or willing to relocate.

I have a software developer background (mainly C/C++), was studying CS
in university, and am doing Flash development for like six years now
(that includes well structured OOP AS1 development). I know a bunch of
people that are equally qualified. I honestly don't think they are
*that* off with their requirements.

They could have put that Detroit (or US/Canada) requirement in the
subject though.. ;)

(This is my first and last comment re: job postings on this list. Keep
'em coming, i don't mind)

--
claus wahlers
cĂ´deazur brasil