My application starts with a user login/authentication.  I want to
implement an idle user process that logs the user out after X amount of
time of no activity.

The most obvious way I can think to do this is to start an interval
timer, and keep reseting it any time a widget is used.  That means
adding a reset-function call to every component event handler, plus
adding event handlers for many components that otherwise don't have
relevant events.

Does anyone have a more clever way of handling this?