Hi,

I am putting together a quote for a client who needs to have a number
of games developed for a DVD. I am new to games dev and running Flash
from disks so my questions are now:

Are there any special issues relating to putting (existing) games onto
disks? How would we keep high scores, etc. Can Flash write to disks
when run from a DVD?

I am planning to use Zinc to run the swf in, which raises some
questions regarding the needed compatibility: The interface of the
thing will need to display also PDF files, something I never had to do
in Flash. Is this possible and can they be displayed inside4 Flash or
only opened externally with existing / installed Acrobats (or Acr.
Readers)?

Are there any viable alternatives to Zinc?

All the above *needs* to run on Win 98, XP and Vista, and the client
would be in 7th heaven if we can get it to work on Mac and Linux OSs.
Are there any issues we could encounter or reasons why this would not
work/ I am thinking along the lines of players not being available for
any of the above platforms, or implementing things differently on
different platforms.

Is there a ball park guide line how long the development of a simple
'point and shoot/avoidance' game would take under the above
restrictions?

I hope this is not too OT, thanks for any responses.

Nik C