Hello :)

With the curveTo method you can't find  the bezier equation ;)

http://www.timotheegroleau.com/Flash/articles/cubic_bezier_in_flash.htm

you must use custom maths method

In my opensource framework for example :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS3/trunk/src/pegas/util/BezierUtil.as
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS3/trunk/src/pegas/draw/BezierPen.as

you can install my framework :
http://code.google.com/p/vegas/wiki/InstallVEGASwithSVN

And test the examples in the AS3/trunk/bin/test/pegas/draw directory :

http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS3/trunk/bin/test/pegas/draw/

EKA+ :)