Hi Bob,

Thanks for the comment, that is the route that started working on after
posting the question and the only issue I am having is dispatching the
custom event when the timer has been reached, I did a soft search for
samples of extending the Timer Class with custom TimerEvents but wasnt able
to find any.... would you happen to know where I could find more info?

Thanks!!

On 3/12/08, Bob Leisle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Helmut,
>
> One option is extending Timer such that it dispatches your custom
> SoundTimerEvent rather than the built in TimerEvent.
> Another option, if  _sound  is a class var, would be to have your
> timeEventHandler dispatch  the SoundTimerEvent.
>
> hth,
> Bob
>

> Helmut Granda wrote:
> >                     I have a custom TimerEvent that I am using to pass
> some
> > information when the timer is up. My issue is that I dont need to pass
> the
> > information until the time is up but how can i pass the information to a
> > timer that is not available yet?
> >
> >                     The basic setup is something like this:
> >
> >                     public function myFunc ( varToPass : String, delay :
> > Number = 0 )
> >
> >                     {
> >
> >                         if ( delay > 0 )
> >
> >                         {
> >
> >                             globalTimer = new Timer ( delay, 1)
> >                             globalTimer.start();
> >                             globalTimer.addEventListener (
> > TimerEvent.Timer, timerEventHandler)
> >

> >                         } else {
> >
> >                             dispatchEvent ( new SoundTimerEvent (
> > SoundTimerEvent.PLAY_VO , _sound ) ) ;
> >                         }
> >

> >                     }
> >
> >                     private function timeEventHandler ( te : TimerEvent
> )
> >
> >                     {
> >
> >                         // More stuff here
> >                     }
> >
> >                     if no delay is added the event gets dispatched
> properly
> > and everything moves great but how would I add or pass a variable
> through
> > the globalTimer so that when the timer is up I can catch the _sound
> > property?
> >
> >                     Any ideas?
> >
> >                     TIA

> --