Haven't followed this thread, and don't even know what the original
question is other than the thread title, but I'll just jump in and add,
I don't think attaching variables to events is a good idea anymore, I
used to do it in AS2 all the time with Delegate, but now with the new
AS2 event model, I think a better approach is to dispatch and listen for
events, and grab properties from other places in your code when the
event is heard - use event.target as necessary and such. You can even
attach properties to the target instead of to the event, so
event.target.myProperty and the like.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O L&LD Solutions Design & Development
eTools & Multimedia

Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.