If we ever he need to pass extra arguments to the handler we use a delegate
class to pass them. Usage:

obj.addEventListener(Event.TYPE, Delegate.create(this, _handler, arg1,
arg2));

private function _handler(e:Event, arg1:Object, arg2:Object):void
{

};

I added our delegate class as an attachment.

Note that for class methods the scope (first argument of the create method)
has no influence.

Greetz Erik