For things like Papervision 3D, where bezier curves are important, Tweener is the obvious choice. For general purposes, though, Tweener is probably overkill. I'm not bashing Tweener or Fuse or any of the other tweening engines out there. For a lot of situations, TweenLite is more than sufficient. When you need the special functionality that Tweener provides, TweenLite is obviously not going to cut it.

Zeh Fernando wrote:
While I agree with the speed thing, let's just keep this in context - it's so when you have a lot of tweenings going on at the exact same time. A few tweens won't produce a difference in terms of framerate. If they do, there's something else wrong.

Still, I think we should be glad there are so many alternatives. :)

Zeh

Steven Sacks wrote:
Tweener is proven to be significantly slower than TweenLite, and it's almost 300% larger (TweenLite is 3k vs Tweener's 8k).

I'm not telling you what to do. You're welcome to your preference. I prefer to write better, faster, smaller, more efficient code. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :)

Dave Mennenoh wrote:
I prefer Tweener, and if you've ever used Fuse you'll like it's syntax. It's also quite small - adds about 8K.

Dave -
Head Developer
http://www.blurredistinction.com
Adobe Community Expert