i've never used tweenlite but i have used tweener and one of the things that blew me away was the ability to tween properties and variables rather than just clips/sprites

example from current project:

[CODE]
// read/write percentage value relates directly to the slider
public function get percent():Number { return slider.percent; }
public function set percent( p:Number ):void { slider.percent = p; }

 public function arrowPressed( e:MouseEvent ):void
 {
        var dir:int = (e.target.name == "left_arrow") ? -1 : 1;
        var total:Number = slider.percent + (dir * scrollSpeed);
Tweener.addTween(slider,{percent:total, time: .5, transition:"easeInOutQuad"}); // Tweens set() method
}
[/CODE]

you may be able to do this with tweenlite, i don't know