To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 11:56 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] AS 2.0 (AS 3.0) question - knowing when a MovieClipis on it's last frame.

AS2.0 question:

I have some AS2.0 swfs supplied to me (generated by captivate) that are loaded as part of my application. Unfortunately they don't have a stop() on the last frame, so they loop. Fortunately they are completely linear, so they play through from start to finish (and over again).

I'd like to have them stop when they reach the last frame. About the only way to do it that I can think of is to use onEnterFrame to monitor the playhead of the loaded swf and and stop it when it hits that last frame. Am I missing any other way of doing this?

I'm trying to avoid having the swfs regenerated.

AS3.0 question.

Currently my main application is written using AS 3.0 and having AS2.0 swf supplied was a bit of an unexpected surprise. I realise that AS3.0 cannot directly control an AS2.0 swf that's been loaded, but are there any completely reliable solutions to communicating between these to allow the AS3.0 application to send one-way messages to the AS2.0 swf?

Thanks,

Paul

[The swfs are actually swf versions of powerpoint slides. Sadly every mechanism I can find for generating swf from powerpoint or via screen capture only creates AS2.0 based swfs]

__________ NOD32 3145 (20080529) Informatie __________

Dit bericht is gecontroleerd door het NOD32 Antivirus Systeem.
http://www.nod32.nl