>>Thanks Glenn - I wan't worried about using the frame count, I
>>just wondered if there was another mechanism I hadn't thought of.

Another possible mechanism is to broadcast a custom event from the swf's
timeline when the end is reachded and listen for it elsewhere.  However,
if one .swf is AVM1 and the other is AVM2, the techniques mentioned for
AVM communication between .swfs may or may not work.

And yeah, even though some things are possible when you mix a AS2 and
AS3 swfs, you're mostly asking for trouble.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations & Global Risk L&LD
eTools & Multimedia

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.