Thanks for all the answers!!!

So I went back to a solution where the upper MovieClip listens to the
MouseMove event and hittest while the lower MovieClip is using
Rollover now. That works for me. But nonetheless it is frustrating
that there is no other way to get an ROLLOVER event for two or even
more overlapping siblings other than hittesting them all.
When it comes to performance - hittests are usually more cpu intensive
than rollovers, right?