Are you gonna take a map if you have clear line of sight to your destination ? Shall we advise you on traffic light implementation if you are the only driver in the world ? Dont' overengineer. If you want to integrate / learn a design pattern take a more challenging and/or interactive interface.

Latcho

Joel Stransky wrote:
I'm trying to make design patterns a regular part of my process but
understanding them and knowing which one to use are proving to be a quite
different.
I'm working on a couple of classes. One class's job is to iterate over a
list of display objects and modify their scale and location based on mouse
position.
I want this class to be able to work with a runtime generated OR an
authortime generated display list.
I figure it's as easy as instantiating either a RuntimeChildren or
AuthortimeChildren class and passing it to the constructor of my
DisplayListUtility class.
Since it's so simple, does it even qualify as a design pattern and if so
which one?