Thanks Jiri,
I had not seen that site. I had assumed the book covered all of the patterns
I was going to need but in hindsight that was silly. The visitor pattern
seems very similar to adapter however. I guess I've got a lot of learning to
do. I appreciate the notion of not over engineering but until I understand
them fluently I intend to implement patterns where possible no matter how
trite.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Jiri Heitlager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Maybe this one:
>
> http://www.as3dp.com/2008/12/06/actionscript-30-visitor-design-pattern-a-tale-of-traverser-and-the-double-dispatch-kid/
>
> or check out the articles there I am sure there is a pattern described that
> will suit your needs.
>
> I also think the previous comment on overenginering should be taking into
> consideration..
>
> Good luck,
>
> Jiri
>

> Joel Stransky wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your perfectly useless answer. I know if I could recognize the
>> need for certain patterns easily I'd be more than happy to help out rather
>> than chastise.It looks like it's possibly a Template pattern but I was
>> hoping for the same kind of insight I've been giving at flashkit for eight
>> years no matter how simple the question.
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Latcho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>  Are you gonna  take a map  if you have clear line of sight to your
>>> destination ?
>>> Shall we advise you on traffic light implementation  if you are the only
>>> driver in the world ?
>>> Dont' overengineer. If you want to integrate / learn a design pattern
>>> take
>>> a more challenging and/or interactive interface.
>>>
>>> Latcho
>>>

>>> Joel Stransky wrote:
>>>
>>>  I'm trying to make design patterns a regular part of my process but

--Joel Stransky
stranskydesign.com