Never take the site offline, that is a looser situation.
If you have ftp acces I would transfer the site to a private ftp, and make an I-frame from the original location.
That way you protect your source files.
First you disable his CMS entrance (never something visible on the frontside because that angries them, and they might sue you for hurting their business).
Then you negotiate again.
Latcho

poste9 wrote:
give ftp information to some brazilian where there isnt internet's law.
its an option too.