Im with Doctor H here,

We don't know the details or both parties information about the project, if
you are a freelancer/contractor this might harm you in the long run.
Granted, you might get the money you are owed but in the end of the day it
might be 1+ (many more) possible non clients. Remember that the bad press
travels a lot faster than good rep and good rep is always hard to come by.

If I read correctly you don't have a written contract which in the end is
also a bad practice and you have to take your losses.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:13 PM, dr.ache <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you ever thought about what that makes for your image?
> I would encourage you to stay polite and willing to accept their delay as
> long
> as it is possible for you. You can deny to work with this client in the
> future anyways
> but do not threaten somebody with court or anything before there is no
> other way around.
>
> Have always in mind that there can be a reason you could not even imagine
> behind that
> delay. You are dealing with people - just try to image this guy really has
> problems and
> dont want you to know about that, or anybody else. When you take him to the
> court you
> might get your money but a very very bad image in the head of that guy,too.
>
> The other way round - if he finally pays you and he saw that you are
> flexible he might
> recommend you the next time. Have the good parts about people in mind, dont
> make
> assumtions.
>
> My cents...
>

> Pete Hotchkiss schrieb:
>
>  Eamons point about the computer misuse act is not strictly true - you
>> own the site unless a contract exists explicitly licensing full
>> ownership of everything up payment completion.
>>
>> My advise however is to leave the site up and get Thomas Higgins on the
>> case. He's BRILLIANT and has a ni on 100% record for recovering debts.
>> He's completely ruthless and gets results
>>
>> http://www.thomas-higgins.co.uk/
>>
>> Trust me - use these guys and you'll have you money before the month is
>> out

>>> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen
>>> Matthews
>>> Sent: 08 December 2008 11:03
>>> To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
>>> Subject: [Flashcoders] My rights - site not paid for.
>>>
>>> What are my rights ( in the UK ) for taking down a site which has not
>>> been paid for?
>>>
>>> The owner of the company is happy with his site, but is not coughing up.
>>>
>>> I still have FTP access.
>>>
>>> He says the site took too long, and makes lots of excuses for not paying
>>> - which do not tally.
>>> He changed the site drastically at least three times - I think it took
>>>

>>> too long too, due to this.
>>> He is updating the news section and other sections whenever he has new
>>>

>>> material.
>>>
>>> I would be interested in your thoughts.
>>>
>>> This person won an award for being a top business man this year - is this
>>> what you have to do to be a top business man - screw people?
>>>
>>> I am not the kind of person to take this action really, but I may
>>> consider it.
>>>
>>> Thanks

...helmut