Hi list...

Researching my own pesky issue (custom components initializing properly
when they're dragged on the stage at author time), I found this:

> if you want to create instances of your classes by dragging them to
the stage, keep in mind that their constuctors can not accept arguments.
Also, keep in mind that
Its a really good idea to pick unique names for your custom classes.
It's widely agreed class-names should start with the capital letter

Source: http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=159332

So, is this true??  You can either make a component designed for the
stage OR for instancing through code?  That seems wrong in AS3.

Any feedback is appreciated.
- Michael M.