Disk space will be the least of all issues. What you say about Quark is
quite relevant. I would say it's already happening. I'd have never become a
developer if it weren't for the actionscript 1.0 on-ramp. But after 9 years,
I'm seriously considering a move to full time Unity development. There's no
reason at all that Unity can't experience the same ubiquity as the
flashplayer with a more seamless installer. Once macromedia started the
built in upgrading with fp v6, new version adoption sped up dramatically.
The recently released fp10 penetration numbers are impressive to say the
least.

More on point, the lack of flashplayer on iPhone is purely control and well
within Apple's rights. I support lawful profit security. But it does not
close the gate completely on porting actionscript/flex based apps to the
iPhone. Just yesterday I was reading
here<http://www.unitzeroone.com/blog/2008/11/28/adobe-alchemy-is-it-actionscript-heresy/>about
C++ conversion. You all remember the Quake demo I'm sure. There's no
secret agreement between Unity and Apple that I know of, Unity has simply
created a great compiler for an already supported language. I think it's
quite possible to create a similar tool for actionscript and flex.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Glen Pike <g...@engineeredarts.co.uk>wrote:

>  Naturally, to get the optimum feature set you will need to buy the whole
>> A-Phone suite, A-SatNav, A-PhotoDevice, etc to get the best from the
>> A-Phone, further slimming the wallet. On the downside you will require a
>> pocket a foot square to put it all in..  ;-)
>>
> And another pocket a foot square for the hard disk needed to install all
> the common files...

--Joel Stransky
stranskydesign.com