I'm afraid that you need to implement a proxy script on your own server that loads the image from facebook. But isn't there a crossdomain.xml to load from FB ? Or isn't there an API (yet) ?
Latcho

Pavel Repkin wrote:
Hey!

I have a bitmap image loaded from external site (Facebook user avatar).
Its size is 50x50 pixels and it looks very pixelated when the Flash Stage
size changes.
The image would look much better if it was smoothed.

But, smoothing does not work for images loaded from external domains.
MovieClip.forceSmoothing = true just does not work.
However if the image resides on the same server as the script, smoothing
works like a charm.

Do you know how can I smooth the bitmap?
Is it possible?

AS 2.0, FP 9.0

Pasha.