Thanks, people. I am currently generating the movieclips at runtime based on an embedded png file so the origin is always the top left corner. I suppose I could descend from the Sprite-class and override the x,y settings to correct the given x, y position. I suppose I will first try out the flash library items way...

I also think I already tried to building.rotation = angle thing, though. I will do some more experimenting and will get back to you after dinner :)

The current idea I am having is two have basically two sprites, one which contains all the building sprites, one which draws the circle for in the background. The container sprite is needed because later one it will need a rotation animation like moving to the building you selected. _______________________________________________