From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Glen
Pike
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:43 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Finding and Removing a Sprite: PART II

I think it depends on the circumstances:

If you are not manipulating the child sprites in any way, just adding
them at the start, removing at the end and possibly listening for events

on them, why would you want to use more memory by storing the sprite
instances in an array or a vector when you already have a storage medium

for them - the parent container?

If I was needing to move things around, or juggle the display order, or
manipulate sprites in the container, I may want to store a reference to
them, but if they are just display elements, it's even simpler just to
add them to a container sprite then iterate through the container when
you are done with them if you need to remove listeners.

Obviously this is purely down to coding preferences, but why waste
arrays, when your DisplayObjectContainer does it for you...

Glen