Hey Karl - a few more things - check out the Migration Cheat Sheet for
AS3 here:

http://actionscriptcheatsheet.com/blog/quick-referencecheatsheet-for-act
ionscript-20/
(Some of the other cheat sheets will be useful too.)

Read through that and you'll start to get comfortable with the changes.
It can seem painful at first, but start slow - for example, create a
test project where you use AS3 to insert a Textfield on the screen and
set a value on it - then create a button that removes it or something.
Pretty soon you'll be off and running - and we'll be here to help.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America  Global Learning
Learning & Performance Solutions

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(note: these are for Bank of America employees only)